Event: World AIDS Day Soccer Tournament and Medical Camp
Where: Mlango Kubwa, Mathare
InfoNET is partnering with Joy Divine Children’s organization and other organizations in a bid to foster a healthy community in Kenya. This is being done through hosting an event that aims to indulge street dwellers and street kids with the agenda of liberating and elevating the deprived in the society. The Event, dubbed World AIDS Day Soccer Tournament and Medical Camp will be held on 1/12/2017 starting from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm at Mlango Kubwa in Mathare.
InfoNET’s vision is reducing inequalities by improving the universal quality of life of citizens through innovation. In line with this, we are focused on initiating programs that promotes healthy living and therefore encouraging peaceful co-existence. This event is expected to feed more than 300 street dwellers who will also participate in a football tournament and benefit from a comprehensive medical checkup and treatment
Activities of the day
- Soccer tournament: The tournament will comprise of 20 teams with 7 players each. Participants will be of an open age group provided they have the talent. The winners will be awarded as follows:
- Winner: Trophy, Jersey, ball
- 1st Runners up: Jersey, Ball
- 2nd Runners up: Jersey.
- Medical camp: The medical bit of the camp will cover:
- HIV/ AIDS testing and counseling
- TB testing
- BMI check up
- Skin care
There will also be various professionals to address the audience within the activities. At intervals, the experts will handle topics on health, drug abuse and peace among others.