Citizens make the future of the country. Every citizen can do something useful for the development of the country when given a chance. This trickles down to being given access to important information which is key to development. In Kenya, the right to information is enshrined in the constitution. State Summits provide critical information to citizen on the performance and efficiency in service delivery
InfoNET’s commitment to openness and transparency led to the organisation to hosting various #GOKInteracts sessions. INFONET hosted 5 #GOKInteracts Sessions between December 2014 and October 2015 and others in 2016. These sessions always bring together stakeholders in different ministries, industries to provide clarity to governance issues in different sectors within their jurisdiction.
These sessions are also carried out on social media and open for live stream. Media editors, bloggers, CSO’s and representation from the private sector are always in attendance, the main reason is to foster transparency, accountability and inclusivity.
The following #GOKInteracts and State House Summits have been carried out so far:
- #GOKInteracts with H.E President Uhuru Kenyatta during Pakasa4- 24th April 2014
- #GOKInteracts on Energy – October 15th 2014
- #GOKInteracts with Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma (AUC Chairperson) – October 20th 2014
- #GOKInteracts with the Kenya Citizens Coalition at a side event at the AU Summit – January 29th 2015
- #GOKInteracts at GODAN at the FFD3 – July 14th 2015
- State House Summit on Energy – July 27th 2016
- State House Summit on Infrastructure – August 8th 2016
- State House Summit on Agriculture – August 14th 2016
- State House Summit on Tourism – August 31st 2016
- State House Summit on Health – September 13th 2016